Saturday, October 26, 2013

Out of shape . . .

The Cub Cadet has returned to Connecticut. It likes it here.
Can't believe that I can get out of shape so fast. We were only gone about two weeks and my exercise program really felt like a hard work out today. I think she missed me and made up for it by pushing me! We've already averted one catastrophe today. The Bunn finally quit and was making yucky coffee, probably because we don't run vinegar through it before we leave on trips, just empty it out and unplug it. But we've had it for years so no complaints. They want about $120 for a new one but we lucked out. We found a floor model at Lowe's for $72. It didn't have a manual or box and was super dusty. They took another 10% off because I complained a bit! Yay! I got the manual on line and Puppies and Dante's Pop has it all set up and ready to make coffee. Life is pretty darned good.
He's also mowing the lawn with oldest Kiddo's Cub Cadet which returned with us from Louisiana. He was driving it like a bat out of hell. I'm sure he's pleased with this newest acquisition.

It was so good to have our youngest Kiddo here. I did miss my sax concerts. So last night and also this morning I had the best concerts yet. He played his first real song. What a lot of fun. Hot Cross Buns never sounded so grand. He practiced his new notes then played it with really good counting and sound. Then he played without the music. Then he said, "Watch this. I'm going to close my eyes." and played it a again. He cracks me up. Besides him we had to keep Keeboo, his virtual pet Furby. Other than a horrible sounding voice it's pretty neat. I like to pull its tail and put it to sleep. Not sure if he'll come on too many more visits!

Picked up a Slow Cooker Fiesta Chicken package by McCormick while in the South. It smells good cooking in the old crock pot; we'll see how good it is at supper. I'm not in the mood to shop so we'll be eating whatever we still have in the house. Think I may just pull out the bread maker. That should really make the house inviting with all sorts of rich aromas, heat and goodness.

Quote:  The only way for a rich man to be healthy is by exercise and abstinence, to live as if he were poor.    ___Sir W. Temple

No comments: