Tuesday, October 29, 2013

That was hard work . . .

Driving through Virginia
Finally got around to cleaning out the raspberries Even with my glasses and gloves on they managed to  grab me a few times. But it all looks pretty good in the yard. If the berries don't produce well next year I may just cut them down completely and see what survives. The new canes were so long and scraggly this year that I cut off more than the 1/3 I usually cut back. We didn't get good berries in the Spring or Fall. Didn't even have enough to make one small jar of jelly! We ate the good ones right off of the bushes! Had a pleasant visit yesterday evening with a friend from Sprague and she brought her Shih tzu, Tucker. Tucker is 10 years old and a rescued dog. He needed a new home because his elderly owners moved to Florida and they couldn't take their dogs with them. He's pretty fat but a wonderful pet! Almost makes me want to get a puppy for ourselves. But Puppies and Dante's Pop is still giving me negatives and he may be right. I just think that even if we do travel a couple of times a year maybe our Kiddo would be able to take care of the dog for us, if his parents would let him. Oh well, still thinking on it.

Broke down and spent beaucoup bucks for another humidifier. I have had an Oskar in the living room for two years now when the heat is on in this old house. It is great. In the bedroom I've been using an old humidifier that we had when the kids were little! It leaves a gray dust all over the place but especially on the TV screen! I hate it; so I finally decided to get another Oskar. The filters came in today. Hoping the humidifier itself will be in tomorrow. Grampa doesn't seem to have a problem with the dry air but it bothers my eyes a great deal. Can't wait to get it running.

Will have left over pizza and whoopie pies for supper tonight! Sounds good to me.

Quote:  My memory is the thing I forget with.    ____A child's definition

4 comments:

Nan said...

I have two Sharper Image vaporizers that are well worth the $$$...you know it is only money?? LOL

Nan said...

I have two Sharper Image vaporizers that are well worth the $$$...you know it is only money?? LOL

Nan said...

sorry for the double posts ...guess I goofed up.

Qu'que chose said...

It came in and is up and running. Working well!