Wednesday, October 25, 2017

The latest and hopefully the last blurb about ADT . . .

The latest young man who came today had been here before; I don't recall when but he knew we were from up North and remembered us having a son down here. And . . . I think he really did figure out what was wrong with the system. It seems the men who put it in never removed a magnet from the old system that was here when we bought the house. The magnet was in a hole which had been drilled from the top of the back door down quite a ways. He got on a ladder and drilled down as P&D's Pop watched he brought out a magnet that was interfering with the proper alignment of the magnets the original men had installed back in February 2016. Yup - I think we're all set. I'm still mad at the original men who came here and didn't use the old system to set the alarm.  Instead they decided we needed the new system and it's pretty obvious they didn't know what they were dealing with. We shall see. I hope this is finally right. If it is I'll probably keep the system as the lady manager I spoke with yesterday has given us two free months and lowered the bill too! Phew. It's tough all over.

This morning we went to the park and the men were in the process of taking down my Red-headed Woodpecker's favorite tree. I told them I was heart broken but the man in charge explained there was no nest in the dead tree and with all the kids coming for Halloween treats this weekend they were afraid to let it stay up and wait for it to fall.  He also showed me the tree he says the Woodpecker is using to build a nest.  I told him I didn't trust him and I wouldn't let him know what dead trees and branches I photograph!

No comments: