Wednesday, February 24, 2021

All in a day's work . . . or play . . . as the case may be . . .

Wanted to get a picture of a bird on the new bath but failed utterly!

 Watched a lot of basketball yesterday. Poor LSU Men just couldn't get it together against Georgia. It was a very nondescript game at best but then we watched UCONN Men. They finally got their act together and beat Georgetown, a former Big East foe, by 13 points. It was hard fought but they are working well together. I am very impressed by Coach Hurley and what he has been doing with his team.  The pieces are finally coming together and his players seem to work together quite well.  They are tough.

Finished cleaning up around the miserable and scraggly Crape Myrtles yesterday.  I picked up all the sticks from our previous day's work and Puppy's Pop but them through the wood chipper. I was given the opportunity to run the chipper but I have a real fear of machines that must be fed by hand and chop stuff up to smithereens. I was surprised that the chips just filled a 40lb bag that the black oil sunflower seed came in. Hoping the garbage men come today.  They had to skip last week because of the weather.

Had a good conversation with a neighbor who religiously walks in our neighborhood early in the morning. I had not realized that he is a former history/social studies/ civics teacher. He is originally from New Orleans and moved here after Katrina destroyed his home in 2005. He commiserated with us about the problems we've had recently with the septic system, the hot water etc. 

The sun had been out but it has clouded up so I think I'll just peruse the Advocate.  That won't take long.

Finished a lot of work this afternoon. Went to Our Lady of the Lake in Walker for my First Shot. It went smoothly. I was pretty impressed. My cardiologist told me last week  I had to get it and I must put my name in a number of places. So I did! Yesterday OLOL called and asked me to be there for a 10:40am appointment this morning! I was out and about at 11:15. Puppy's Pop got his First Shot a little over a week ago.

 We came home and snacked before leaving for South Park where Puppy's Pop flew his models and I walked and listened to Les Miserables by Victor Hugo on my iPod. It is an amazing book; I marvel that  Alain Boublil, Jean Marc Natel, and Claude-Michel Schonberg were able to write the musical.There is so much more to the book than what was written for the play. Hugo's book and the Musical are astounding, memorable works of art. On our return from the park we put fertilizer around the 12 crape myrtles and most of the other bushes and trees on the property. Puppy's Pop made four holes with a crow bar and I filled the holes with 13/13/13 fertilizer for each tree or bush. I hope to have flowers this summer! 

I think it's time to call it a day and find something to eat for supper!

 Quote:  God has so made the mind of man that a peculiar deliciousness resides in the fruits of personal industry.   _______Wilberforce


No comments: