Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Southern hospitality . . .

We made it just fine from Providence. All flights were on time and at the right gates! The roses I helped to plant last year are amazingly beautiful. There are also at least a half dozen crawfish holes on the neighbor's property. I took some pictures for Kiddo. We had brought one home a few years ago when we had driven down and he brought it to school for his Louisiana project. All his friends thought it was pretty cool. We won't bring one home this year although we always send packages of stuff we buy down here back North and I suppose we could include one of these fresh made clay holes! I did get bitten by some fire ants as I forgot to pay attention to where I was standing to take the photos and was wearing sandals. Not too bright on my part. You don't wear sandals or heaven forbid go barefoot out on the lawn. One would think I should know that by now! A and M have both just returned from separate trips. A from Shanghai for BASF and M from Clarkesville, TN to visit with the new baby, Taylor. He is a doll. I have seen him in action on Skype. That's pretty neat but I don't think I'd really like it for myself. It certainly isn't very flattering! But if you have little ones and want to keep track of them I'm sure Skype is a great convenience. Cooked up some red beans and rice for supper last night and had my de rigueur Muffaletta Sunday evening at Sammy's. Perhaps we'll go to Clinton for some good southern comfort food. I've already eaten my crisp pecan waffles and crispy bacon at the Zachary Waffle House. The manager still comes and says hello to us! We were some of her first customers when they opened in late 2007. Seems impossible that we've been coming to southern family's home twice a year since 2006!  Keeping an eye out for properties but much too early to know what we'll want to do in the future. Still it's an interesting exercise!

No comments: