Saturday, April 20, 2013

That was kinda funny . . .

First fish in 2013
I was bringing Kiddo home this morning and asked him what I should bring him from Louisiana. He said, "Souvenirs." So I said, "A souvenir? What kind?" And he said, "With an "s", Memere." So I guess it must be plural souvenirs!  He cracks me up.  Said he'd settle for a Louisiana t-shirt. Grampa and he went fishing in the rain yesterday and he caught a couple of good sized branches and one pumpkin seed. We had a good time as usual. He's really enjoying hanging around with Grampa.  He missed him bringing him back to Groton today.  Grampa was out helping clean up the West Thompson Dam where the Yankee Flyers put on their float fly.

Got some news from the APRN.  Besides some kind of wicked allergies causing me to cough it seems that my thyroid is acting up.  So she's upped the dosage of Synthroid.  As I thought about it I think she's right.  I've been dragging for a while.  Maybe this will get me perking along as I should.

It's been a rather bleak day but the sun is finally staying out.  We went to late lunch/early supper at the Roadside Diner.  Now I won't have to cook!  I like it like that. Getting down right lazy. 

Quote:  Be rather bountiful than expensive; do good with what thou hast, or it will do thee no good.   ___Penn

No comments: