Saturday, January 4, 2014

$22.33 . . .

Voila, c'est fini.
Completed the itty bitty 1000 piece puzzle this morning. It was the most enjoyable puzzle ever. Because it is only 11.7" by 16.5" it is easy for me to work on it at the kitchen table without having to stand up and bend over searching out pieces. I was pleasantly surprised with how much fun it was. P&D's Pop, my QC inspector,  only had to help me out once when I had trouble with the sky border.

After completing the puzzle I asked P&D's Pop to take me out to lunch. We went to the Roadside Diner even though I have been less than enthusiastic about it lately. For the aforementioned $22.33 we had: Baked Bay Scallops with mashed potatoes, carrots and fresh bread, Fish and Chips with coleslaw, tarter sauce and fresh bread, constant coffee and home made tapioca pudding. But . . . that was not all she wrote . . . major chef and owner sent out a walnut, streusel muffin for P&D's Pop 's approval. Naturellement, he needed my help! Fantastic food, perfect lunch. No need to make supper tonight. I'll save the meatloaf for tomorrow. Leftovers it shall be.

The birds are eating up a storm already passed! I've managed to get some good photos. Whatever Grampa did to the camera, bringing it back to its original settings, has helped. I must also learn to be patient. Shooting from in the house through the kitchen windows can be trying but I sometimes manage to get decent results if I don't go too fast.

Time to exercise. Missed rehab Friday because of the snow and below freezing temperatures. I believe our low was -7 this morning. It was -3.5 when I went to bed last night. It's about 22 in the sun today. We left the thermostat  on 71 all night because when this old house gets cold it doesn't like to warm up again any too soon!

Quote:  Parents wonder why the streams are bitter, when they themselves have poisoned the fountain.   ___ Locke

1 comment:

Nan said...

like your puzzle, thank you. I found others @ Michael's including an old car or truck.