Sunday, January 19, 2014

Three day celebration . . .

Have never been able to find a card that I like better than this card for Grampa's birthday so it gets recycled every year since ? (a very long time.)
Now that we're both in our seventies (as of tomorrow) it was time for three days of sweet love and appreciation. So yesterday we embarked on a short journey to Killingly after we dropped off Kiddo. Ended up going to an excellent lunch at The 99 in Killingly Commons. The food is very good, the drinks are fine, the service is excellent and we ate everything put before us. I had a balsamic chicken lunch and P&D's Pop had a balsamic salmon dish. As usual, because it was salmon, the portion was small but per usual I shared half of my chicken and along with his bowl of chowder we were replete; no need for dessert. For supper I brought out our last bottle of Sogno di Sorrento Crema Lemoncello and let the almost seventy year old choose the method he preferred to serve it! I swear I'm trying not to be as anal as usual and the size and warmth of the glasses was perfect. It is taking me a long time to grow up but I am trying to improve with age. Trying to let go of my anality! This morning we had breakfast at the Roadside and bought two fresh slices of Boston Creme cake/pie for our birthday dessert this evening. Hoping the weather will be okay to go to Kiddo's basketball game this afternoon. Have no idea what tomorrow will bring but the day will be just right for our ingression into the seventh decade together.

Watched Kevin Ollie as he was almost physically ejected from coaching against Louisville at Gampel last night and I must say the ref made a horrendous non call and I'm on Ollie's side all the way. A double technical is more than outrageous when Ollie was right to question the non call. I don't like Rick Pitino so I was ticked off that UCONN wasn't playing well on their home court. They have the players to be contenders but somehow not all of the kids have the fire. Not sure how a coach can make kids go out and work their butts off to exhaustion for the win. There is an element lacking in this UCONN team. Not every player goes all out all of the time. They can go pretty far  this year if they just play as hard as they can and stop playing catchup. Oh well, that's my take on a matter of no import!

Quote:  Labor to keep alive in your heart that little spark of celestial fire called conscience.    ____Washington

No comments: