Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Happy . . . not happy . . .



Happy with the trip P&D's Pop and I took to the flying field today. We had sunny, blue skies and the two videos I made came out pretty good. I still need to improve the focusing in on something but if I work at it often enough perhaps I'll get the hang of it. P&D's Pop also came home from PHS with the school newspaper and there was a feature article about the Engineering Class he has been helping to build model planes. It was a nice article. I don't doubt for a minute that he was the reason the planes can actually be made to to fly this year! He flew one today for one of the students who had bought his own radio. The student along with the two instructors and a couple of other kids who were not preparing for Final Exams watched as Grampa showed them how well the planes fly. I'm certain they were all elated, including Grampa!

Not happy with the Rehab class because Dr. Foley told the head nurse to tell me to double up on the blood pressure medicine. I don't understand what it really means so I'll just do as I'm told and see what happens. I've been feeling squirrelly lately so maybe this will tone me down! Bought oranges, bananas, blueberries and Chamomile tea today because I feel an almost desperate need for fruit and something plain but hot to drink. Someone asked me last week if I was pregnant! I guess these cravings are the onset of aging improperly. Perhaps I am having the Winter Blues and need a lot more Sunshine and outdoor weather. It seems to me that the birdies are starting to show a little more color but Grampa thinks I am exaggerating! 

Bought Kiddo some books on Michael Jordan and two nice jersey type t-shirts for school! He must be Michael Jordan in February for his book report. He had to choose a character for the celebration of Black History Month so he chose Michael Jordan. The best line so far from his lips: "Oh good, Michael Jordan is black." That came out because I gave him permission to go on line to Amazon and find some books for himself. He looked really hard at the photo on the cover of one of the books and it resulted in the aforementioned remark. That is perfect.

Quote:  We live in deeds, not years; in thoughts, not breaths; in feelings, not in figures on the dial; we should count time by heart-throbs.  He most lives who thinks most, feels the noblest, acts the best.   ____Bailey


No comments: