Sunday, January 26, 2014

Heartbreaking . . .

Kiddo made me this neat basketball bracelet.  It works!  
We drove to Groton today for Kiddo's Rec Basketball game. It was the absolute best game we've attended. They were beaten by one point at the buzzer. The team has improved so much since they began it's too bad they didn't pull off the win. But come hell or high water they played hard and were never behind until the last millisecond! I forgot to wear my new bracelet so I have to factor that in. The bracelet did help the UCONN men win last night so I am thankful for that. Perhaps our kiddos should not have chosen Huskies for their team name!

The birds had disappeared from the feeders for the last few days but are back today with a vengeance. And contrary to what others tell me I maintain that the purple finches are purpling. Yes indeedy! I shall state that as fact just can't get decent photos of them to prove my point. Visited both younger brother and sister this week and all are well in this frigid Connecticut. If all goes according to plan Wednesday we shall be connected to cable, computer and phone with Metrocast. Hope it works out well. Nothing can be slower than our AT&T Wifi.

 Kiddo asked me for a piano lesson this week. I was pretty surprised but after the sax concert we sat down at the keyboard and he liked learning to play some very basic music. Glad I kept the kids old music books. Of course he gave it up to watch Gilligan's Island on Amazon with Grampa. Such are the vagaries of this modern life. Time to work on the taxes methinks.

Quote:  Men think highly of those who rise rapidly in the world, whereas nothing rises quicker than dust, straw, and feathers.  ___Hare

No comments: