Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Been neglecting the blog . . .

Humming bird metal sculpture feeder
I think I wrote one of my entries while I was sleeping!  For the life of me I was sure I had written something during the past week.  I guess that's what can happen when you're not paying attention to what's going on.

Had a good visit with younger sister last week and even found a new place for cupcakes!  We both agreed that our original spot at the Harvest in Simsbury is still the the best.  Can't wait for the good weather and the opening of the Ice Cream Farm in Massachusetts.  Looking forward to sun, green fields, new growth, flowers, open windows, sleek animals in the pastures and rich, creamy ice cream. This is a long winter.

Played Cribbage today and got beat 2 out of 3. Cousine's Samoyed is such a good boy.  He's a bit flaky when I get there but settles down so nicely.  It's really enjoyable to play cards with puppy lying next to us. He's a pleasure for both of us. Oneco friends stopped in Sunday and brought me two neat, old Limoges ashtrays portraying  Sacre Coeur and the Arc de Triomphe with gold leaf flowered designs surrounding all. They are very pretty and I was told I must use them for bonbons dishes!  So I shall comply as they also gave me some chocolate bonbons!

Yesterday we received a package from second oldest grandchild - a beautiful metal and glass sculpture humming bird feeder.  It is stunning.  She bought it at the Strawberry Festival in Tampa, Florida. We were really surprised and very happy that she thought of us.  Now I can't wait to see if we can entice the humming birds if Spring ever shows up this year!

While I was playing cards P&D's Pop was waiting for the new clothes dryer to get here. The old one started to give off an electrical smell and we didn't want to take any chances.  We had a problem when our old washing machine went up in smoke. So we now have  new appliances that should last for at least another 10 years.

Also visited with younger brother yesterday.  Sister-in-law was at her art class so I didn't have a chance to tell her how beautiful her last oil is.  As I entered the front door a beautiful canvas with peach toned flowers greeted me and made me "Wow!"  It is simply gorgeous, bright, alive, textured and enthralling.  Good on her. That is so neat - to be able to create such a unique design on a plain old canvas.

Quote:  If one only wished to be happy, this could be easily accomplished; but we wish to be happier than other people, and this is always difficult, for we believe others to be happier than they are.   ___Montesquieu

No comments: