Monday, March 17, 2014

Much too cold . . .

Opened this morning. Perfumes the air.
Evening update
Can't believe how incredibly cold today has been.  Perhaps my body has finally concluded that Spring should be here; I can't seem to warm up.  Went to rehab today; only 6 more to go.  Got permission to work out harder at home which means I have added some jumping jacks and shuffles to my work out and I can go over 140 heart beats as I work out.  Yay.  Getting to like this and it does warm me up even on these ridiculously cold and windy days.  I think it's the wind that gets to me and this old house.  Even P&D's Pop is cold and he played horseshoes today.  I couldn't believe that he was outside playing.  It is not nice out, "Believe you me," as Ma used to say.

Will be going to visit younger sister tomorrow and I think I'd like to go eat a big, fat, frosted, chocolate cup cake at the Harvest but we'll see what tomorrow brings.  I'd also go for a super pizza but I'm not sure I could handle both, although, if it's still cold and windy perhaps all of that superior food will help keep me warm. Missed seeing R. last week because she had appointments. Starting around the second week of April I should be able to go back to our Wednesday visits and by then the Ice Cream Farm should be open for the season.  All good things come to those who wait even if impatiently!

Looking forward to watching the UCONNS play in the NCAA Tournaments.  I hope the men can make it to the elite eight and the women go all the way.  It would be rather cool if someone beats Notre Dame before the women get to them but I doubt that will happen.  I never trust the Irish, especially on St. Paddy's Day. They are a cocky bunch with Muffy but I still give her credit for getting under Geno's skin.  I hope they will continue to play each other during the regular season because UCONN needs good competition.  The All  American Conference is a joke.  Both the UCONN men and women's teams need to seek out better games for themselves if they want to remain strong. Not sure this conference will ever be able to equal the Big East. Oh well, time will tell.  I guess I'm just proving that I'm getting older and don't like change too much. Hoping to pick up my cross stitch from the framers tomorrow.  I'd like to put it up before the three kids get here so they can see what took me over  6 years to complete. Expect the framing to improve its appearance.

Quote:  Love gives itself; it is not bought. _____Longfellow

No comments: