Monday, March 3, 2014

Yep . . . P&D's Pop is smiling . . .

Kiddo's new quilt.  His Mom started her job as a Senior Analyst this morning.  Yay!
The PHS engineering class gave a demonstration at the Moosup Elementary School this morning for the First, Second and Third Graders. P&D's Pop had a great time taking photos, speaking with the teachers and students and flying the light weight Vapor in the gym. It was a well planned event and I do believe Grampa was impressed with the preparations. He has just dropped off the Vapor and is on his way to have pizza with the class at PHS.

I managed to have an appointment at Backus in Plainfield for my routine mammogram and a dexascan at 9:30am. I was asked to be there 15 minutes early which I was. Can you believe that I was walking out the door at 9:51? That's just incredible. I also found some hominy for my Taco Soup and brought my little cross stitch to be matted and framed at the Sunshine Shop in Danielson. While there I decided to take a short ride into Rogers, the village formerly know as Goodyear when I was a child and my Uncle was the pastor of the RC church in the middle of town. It is such a neat old village and right past the aged, little, rickety looking church is Rogers Corporation. . . Plus ça change plus c'est la même chose.

We lucked out today as the snowstorm which was predicted didn't materialize for us. That's a good, good thing. Don't need any more snow or cold. So far we have a high of 23 today. Hoping Spring shows up soon so when the Big Kids come for a visit at the end of the month we have some buds and flowers on the trees. March can be a pretty homely month.

Quote:  Opposition always inflames the enthusiast, never converts him.    ____Schiller

No comments: