Tuesday, June 14, 2016

And he's mowing . . .


9 am and husband is out mowing - temperature 84, humidity 85. It's terrible out there and he's already got a pretty good cut on his forehead having run into the air conditioner on The Shed. At least the sun has gone behind the clouds at this moment but that will not last. Phew, I can't even go out and do my stretches without sweating and he's out there working but he does have a hat on and shorts! I guess there is nothing I can do to get him to let the neighbor mow, at least in summertime. We'll see. It must be a man thing.

Having said that it is now 1pm as I stopped writing to go outside and help with the lawn! So I guess I'm as crazy as he!  I did the trim for about a half hour, repotted the Sun Parasol Mandevilla because I think it was drowning where I had planted it. It was losing leaves like crazy, turning yellow and dropping rotten blossoms. It is now back in a pot and out front hidden from the down pours yet in a partially sunny spot under the Magnolia. We'll see if I can save it. I had to take a shower and wash all of our clothes because when you work in the tropics you get sweaty, really sweaty! I do believe I'm going to call that stint out of doors as my exercise for the day. I have made myself an iced mocha just to keep me sweet and comfortable!

I suppose I should have some words to say about the Orlando massacre but I am at a loss. It's inconceivable that there can be so much pure evil in this world and somehow good no longer works to eradicate it. I'll leave it at that because I am unsure of what's churning in my own mind.

Quote:  Evil is in antagonism with the entire creation.  ___Zschokke

No comments: