Saturday, June 25, 2016

Wow. Only 9:45 am and I've had to change clothing . . .

Mockingbird eating out scruffty tomatoes.
Again it seems odd but when I got up at about 6:50 this morning I looked at the temperature 72 degrees and thought I should have a quick breakfast and go out and walk while it is so cool. I can't imagine that I'm already thinking that 72 is cool! But out walking I did go, my six laps around the circle and then past our neighbor's house on the straight away. As I was walking Jerry called me over and gave me two white vinca plants. He is a landscaper and helped us when P&D's Pop messed up his back and couldn't mow for a couple of weeks. He said he used to give his leftover plants from the jobs he has to his neighbor to his right but she has remarried since her husband died and he's uncertain if the new husband will mind if he gives her the plants So this is pretty cool for me as I will try to make whatever he may have extra grow. He told me to only water it every two to three days. I had to work so hard to dig up the ground under the front bedroom window but I think I've got them planted pretty well and surrounded with pine needles for mulch. I hope they thrive. Perhaps when we figure out how our money lasts down here we can have Jerry keep the front of the house in pretty plants. He has coleus in his yard right now and that is already the second or third planting he's done since February. I don't care for coleus but his yard is quite neat and trim. Since he's a native Louisianian I think I should follow his lead!

P&D's Pop is at Doyle's Bayou Park in Zachary then he'll be stopping to visit with Big Kiddo while Big Kiddo's wife comes here after her nail fix and we'll be heading out to see The Little Mermaid at a small theatre in Baton Rouge. We're hoping we find the theatre exciting because then we can think about getting season's tickets. Tomorrow the four of us will be going to see The Free State of Jones at the new movie house on Juban. Parts of the movie were filmed in Clinton where Grampa and I like to go to eat muffulettas at the Redboot Deli. We're wondering if we'll recognize Clinton, LA in the movie when we see it! The staging crews made a lot of changes to the buildings and roads so it may just slip by us as we watch. We'll try to go have a bite at Walk Ons after the noon show and hope they aren't too crowded. There are, amazingly to me, beaucoup people everywhere we go! Our own little neighborhood is peaceful and calm but it doesn't take long if you want to get to busy and hectic.

Quote:  Before God can deliver us we must undeceive ourselves. ____Augustine

No comments: