Thursday, May 31, 2018

And she’s on her way back home . . .

Youngest is on her way from Detroit to Amsterdam as I write. It still amazes me that we are able to get to far off places so fast - tiring travel but impressive just the same. The NOLA Baby Cakes game last night was a lot of fun. I was impressed with Airline Stadium. It’s got to be a pretty old baseball park but they’re keeping it in good shape. They have a beautiful hill off of right field with a line of crape myrtles along the top. It is well mowed and it seems that you can buy tickets to watch the games from the hill. That’s pretty neat. Even though it was a night game it was still pretty warm in the stands. We did have a slight breeze blowing on us in our seats behind home plate. I don’t know what D paid for the tickets but the price of 4 hotdogs, 1 beer, 1 soda, 1 water and a scoop of dipping dots was about $50. Still I’d love to go again - gotta have a hotdog at a ball park no matter the cost!

P&D’s Pop had no trouble getting us to the game and home again. It takes about an hour and a quarter to get there. There was a bad accident on I10 as we came home but fortunately we were able to get by it before the road was closed. There is no room for error when you are driving that part of I10. It’s really just a very long bridge over the swamps and bayous with no lighting so an accident can strand people for hours. It looked like there were some people who were pretty banged up but they were all out of their vehicles waiting for the police. I did say lots of strong prayers for them. I hope the prayers helped.

Today I made a pretty good gumbo for lunch before we left for the airport. I really should go to bed but I am wired so I think I’ll read a bit and see if I can finally call it a night. Oh, one more thing - after supper we were watching a country music show and noticed that the TV sound was excellent. We could both hear the voices clearly without turning up the sound or hearing aids. Our lovely daughter did some kind of magic and everything on the TV is better. That is super good for us!

No comments: