Sunday, May 20, 2018

It’s been too long . . .

Perry's winning tomato in our contest to see who would have the first one.
Yes, it really has been too long since I’ve sat down to just write whatever pops into my head. I think I have hit some sort of bump in the road. I have lots of neat and interesting thoughts running through my head but they’re never there when I decide I want to work with them. I tried to do a stream of consciousness by speaking out loud and having the note book on the iPad write out what I was saying but I think I was speaking too fast and it was pretty gobbled. Of course when you do something like that you get rather nervous and wonder what the heck may come out of your mouth because you’re just trying to let the thinking flow on any topic the old brain cells decide to wander to! And they didn't wander too well!  I was waxing poetic about James's Cafe and all of the great characters we see there on our Tuesday morning breakfasts in old downtown Denham Springs. It is such a beat up old building; the restaurant is located in what used to be a drugstore. It's just one huge room with all sorts of old tables and chairs and even older people dropping in for their daily chats.  I love it. People seem to have finally gotten used to seeing us there and already know what we order.  It's the kind of place that makes me want to sit in on every conversation that's going on. The decorations change with the many different holidays that are celebrated here in Louisiana but the bulk of decorations, which are never really put away just put aside, are LSU purple and gold tigers.

I guess there really is no good excuse for me to not be working with Qu’que chose but I seem to have lost my balance and can’t get myself upright.  I get bogged down in some sort of self pity and there really is no real reason for that. I have a lot of what ifs and when I analyze them they're just foolish ideas and inadequate thoughts that pop into my head and make me unhappy. It may have to do with finally being able to get off of some of the strong blood pressure medicine and letting it work it’s way out of my system or the fact that I am now on a thirty day heart monitor and that doesn’t please me much. I’m wondering if I am just getting used by the doctors down here because I have pretty decent insurance. I’ve even been sent to a neurologist so the heart doctor can determine why I tell him that my brain is sluggish at times. The darned neurologist did all kinds tests using all the latest technology and everything is hunky dory. That is a good thing. but they will not believe me when I tell them I am still having repercussions from that open heart surgery and the powerful medicines I was on. I feel sure that getting older is also a pain in the derrière. Oh well, even if I just complain when I write it’s better then stewing about stuff with, at times, this inadequate brain! So that's enough complaining for today.

No comments: