Monday, May 28, 2018

Time is running out. . .


Youngest child’s visit will be coming to an end after we go to the AAA Baby Cakes game Wednesday in New Oreans. We’ve managed to spend time together which is always good for my soul. I enjoy seeing her with P&D’s Pop - it’s as if no time has gone by and we are back to our family days in Moosup with Ma Tante, the other two kiddos, Ma, Pa and Gram. It’s amazing that she will be 40 years old in a a little over a month. Time just slips away and since we have no way to change that it’s best to accept life the way it is at this very moment. Having the youngest home feels good; I like to see her hanging out on the couch or sitting in P&D’s Pop’s chair watching TV. On this trip she has improved what we can see on the Smart TV. We were having trouble getting it to download the free Amazon movies but it is now working properly. She also set up an external hard drive for the computer so I don’t lose the important family photos and the documents that are saved on the computer itself. Amazingly I haven’t really done much cooking since she and P&D’s Pop have been taking care of supper when we don’t go out to eat! Dad does the meat and daughter cooks up the veggies - kale and all! I could definitely get used to this. She doesn’t like to clean up after cooking and I gladly do that as my part of our petite famille! Our famille is not our Moosup famille since it is Dad, Mom and one daughter but it works well. I imagine G will come with her on the next visit. He is good company; we don’t need fancy just plain being ourselves is good.

We did manage to do some clothes shopping at Cavenders one day; the next day we went to the Tanger Outlets in Gonzales where D always finds some really good buys especially on colder weather clothes since in the UK the warmest it ever gets is in the 70’s. She can come with an empty backpack and leave with a full one! I also generally find a couple of things for myself. I’m definitely not a good shopper but you can’t beat the prices at the Outlets.

We’ve eaten out at the Longhorn and Big Mike’s which has been great because our youngest has had no problem finding completely dairy free foods. She couldn’t eat the chocolate chip and snicker doodle cookies that I made for her because of the butter! It’s okay, though, because I gave some to our neighbor and he loved the plain ones and his wife like the chocolate chip cookies. 

We also went to Red Stick Spice on Jefferson in Baton Rouge and I bought myself the coolest cup to steep my tea. They have a great variety of herbal teas; I’m In the process of refining my taste. I was happy to have D with me because from Jefferson I also found Corporate Boulevard without ever going on I10. I now can get to the closest La Madeleine and an upscale Mall when I’m in the mood to be out and about on my own. Yay! I’m getting better and better at finding my way around thanks to my navigator and her smart phone. I may see if I can find a holder of some sort for my iPad so that I can use Waze while I drive and have it where I can see it. I am doubtful because my iPad is rather large. Gee, I may have to see if they have baby iPads! That might be cool as long as it can fit on the Hyundai’s dash!

PS  I almost forgot!  We also got in a craft brewery tour Saturday afternoon.  It was fun and right in Baton Rouge off of  Airline South at Southern Craft Brewing Company.  We started out with Dad and D trying out their Honey Ale called Swamp Sting.  Dad and D liked it so after the tour, it's a small place, we bought a six pack to go. They've only been in business for two years. Pretty neat operation. May have to move if they need or want to expand their sales.  Their cooler was loaded! I stuck with water!

No comments: