Thursday, May 24, 2018

And they're off . . .

What goes for an Eagle at South Park but is really a Mississippi Kite!
While husband and youngest big Kiddo are off to Chris' Meat Market to get some really great steaks for Memorial Day's little cookout I've just picked up around the house and ate snicker doodles, an excellent sweet orange, an egg and coffee for breakfast.  Husband and I have already spent time at the park.  We decided it was better to go even before I ate breakfast because the weather is so hot that 72 degrees is a blessing at 7am! Our youngest daughter is visiting and was up when we got home.  She had found something for breakfast after having gone to bed at 9 last night trying to get over jet lag.  She flew into New Orleans yesterday late afternoon after have left the UK at 11pm our time the night before. That's a part of flying that I don't like - I'm not good with disrupted routines!

South Park was bare of people when we got there but as P&D's Pop was into his third flight a couple of boys on bikes came flying by me as I walked.  The older one, a strawberry blond kid about 9 years old spoke with me as I strolled.  He was very interested in P&D's Pop's planes and the photos I had been taking. So we chatted, walked and rode for a bit when I asked if he'd like to talk with Mr. P. He said his Grandma had told him not to bother the man flying the control line planes but I explained to Sam that if it was okay with his Gram we could talk with my ace flyer if he'd like that. So he went off and got permission for himself and his younger brother John to bike over to the flying circle. It was good to hear the questions they had; P&D's Pop spoke to them for a while until their Gram came with her truck to pick them up with their bikes.  Poor lady was told how there is a Hobby Shop in Baton Rouge where she could buy them a plane kit to build! Oh, oh, I'm afraid we started something! I had to laugh because she had a string around her neck and there was a white square medallion shaped something hanging from it.  She explained it was a piece of soap so she could wash their mouths out if they used bad words! I found that hysterical.

Well the happy wanderers are back with the steaks so I'm off to Cavender's to shop with the youngest for a belt and then off to Rouses for groceries.

No comments: