Monday, July 16, 2018

Didn’t mind going to Women’s for a change . . .



Sweltering Morning in South Park
I had my annual checkup at Women’s today but for a change I was looking forward to it because I have decided that any doctor’s appointment completed is worthy of treating myself to a special meal, snack, sweet, drink or whatever else pops into my head. I think P&D’s Pop has figured that out so he offered to accompany me which is unusual! After passing my physical with flying colors we went to Frank’s in Prairieville for a noontime breakfast. For a whopping $5 I had chicken fried steak with plain white gravy and a biscuit. Wow, it was just the right amount of everything and I was surprised at the price. We ate for under $20 for the two of us. The price is irrelevant but interesting just the same. The coffee was excellent and P&D’s Pop’s hash, eggs, grits and toast were also just right. I’m now looking forward to my Friday checkup at CIS in Zachary! I usually end up at Waffle House but I may just have to see if I can find another breakfast place - I think Smoothie King serves some type of breakfast. I wonder if it’s worth checking out?

Went to South Park at 6:30 this morning to try to get in a walk and some bird shots before the sun and humidity became unbearable. Well, it was unbearable from the start and the only bird who sat still for me was so high up in a rotten old tree that I didn’t get any great photos. I did manage to get a self portrait as I was trying to capture the heavy dew on the wild grasses in the drainage ditches! Trying to coax P&D’s Pop into a movie this week but I don’t think he’s buying into the idea! Drat. There don’t seem to be any movies worth seeing at this time  of year. May have to look at Amazon Prime!

Quote:  Philosophy is the art of living. _____Plutarch

No comments: