Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Time for a small adventure . . .





On The Wild Side
The heat can get you down so we started the day with a trip to Birdland in Saint Francisville for breakfast. I didn’t order my usual sweet potato waffle because the same cook was cooking today and the last time he made my favorite waffle he kinda messed up; I didn’t want to take a chance. I ordered a three eggs scrambled sandwich on ciabatta bread with pepper jack cheese and ham; I was surprised at how good it was. I watched him as he cooked and it seems he is very young but real ‘chef.’ I didn’t tell him about my misgivings when I saw he was the cook! I’ll have to try the waffle again and see if turns out perfectly! We left the restaurant and ventured down to the old ferry landing. Again I had a surprise; Saint Francisville has taken down the fence that kept people and cars from being able to get closer to the Mississippi. We walked along the path on the west bank and were pleasantly surprised to see some fishermen! We walked even further along and found many spots where you can bring your car and park right next to a fishing spot. I don’t think too many people know about it yet because it didn’t seem to have been used very much. Of course when it rains or floods there would be no way to get to those spots! Still P&D’s Pop and I renewed our fishing and hunting licenses today when we went for target practice at Bass Pro. It’s been quite a while since I had some practice. We’ll have to remedy that because I still need beaucoup practice. It doesn’t help that the ammunition I’m using is old and doesn’t like to shoot well in my Browning 22. Hopefully I get some good ammo after I finish off the last 150 rounds! I think I’ll do that next week. I hate the gun jamming on me all the time. I have enough trouble getting to hit the bull’s eye without have a jam every time I put in a magazine!

I’m still on the grouchy side after the snafu with AT&T. Someone at AT&T unsubscribed us from their phone service and it took me about 3 hours on the phone and online chats to even get someone out here to fix the problem and when he came the poor guy really shouldn’t have been sent out because it wasn’t a tech problem it was an office problem! So we were without the home phone for three days because of the company’s incompetence. It will be interesting to see if we get an email apology for their incompetence and seeming lack of caring for their disruption of our lives. My blood pressure goes up when ever I have to deal with unadulterated negligence and the unsurpassing lack of basic intelligence in the human beings who get paid to talk in circles while explaining the problems their company is having handling all of their complaint calls.

Okay. Time to quit bitching and play with my photos!

Quote:  Every great man is unique. __The Scipionism of Scipio is precisely that part which he could not borrow.  _________Emerson

No comments: