Sunday, July 8, 2012

Homely . . . in its archaic usage. . .


This morning All Hallows was homely and beautiful. It is comforting to see a goodly number of little ones, ancient ones and all in between come together as one family to appreciate our need to refresh our minds in peaceful prayer and song. Don't mean to sound maudlin and trite but it makes me feel good to spend time relaxing and thanking God, even should He be the Higgs bosun, for this mighty world.

The Kiddo and I went to see the fireworks and they were glorious. We had his Dad's former garage property all to ourselves. It was quite special to have the stupendous view without any noisy blasting radios just the cacophony of explosions and sparkling colors in the dark sky. The city turned down, and in some cases turned off the street lights so the show was better than ever. We wished it would last longer than 20 minutes but we enjoyed ourselves. I left for home at 10:45 and the only traffic I encountered was on Route 32 in front of the Coast Guard Academy and it was always moving along.


I'll have to blame my goofy mistake while making oatmeal for lunch on the latest round of medicines! I doctor the oatmeal with brown sugar, pecans, raisins and cinnamon. I reached in the spice cabinet and grabbed the cinnamon, sprinkled it on and noticed it was coarser and a bit red. Yep, oatmeal isn't too bad with paprika. Seriously, it was more than edible. Of course I do put in lots of tasty, chunky stuff. Received a $4 check from Budweiser. I forgot that I had filled out some paperwork from a case of Bud Light a few weeks ago. Kinda cute. Time to see if I can talk Puppy's Pop into an ice cream Sunday treat.
Quote: It will be very generally found that those who sneer habitually at human nature, and affect to despise it, are among its worst and least pleasant samples. ___Dickens

No comments: