Friday, July 13, 2012

Petit à petit . . .


Starting to get back in sync. Forcing myself to slow down. Almost feels like sleep walking but that's okay. So far so good. Reminds me of my Petit Prince. I shall use a very poor translation for the quote from St. Exupery. All translations are poor mais que faire? "Good morning, " said the little prince. "Good morning," said the merchant. This was a merchant who sold pills that had been invented to quench thirst. You need only swallow one pill a week, and you would feel no need to drink. "Why are you selling those?" asked the little prince. "Because they save a tremendous amount of time," said the merchant. "Computations have been made by experts. With these pills, you save fifty-three minutes in every week." " And what would you do with those fifty-three minutes?" "Anything you like . . ." "For me," said the little prince to himself, "if I had fifty-three minutes to spend as I liked, I should walk at my leisure toward a spring of fresh water. " That must be why I enjoy watering all of my garage flowers and potted plants every morning coming into the house to fill my quart container as many times as necessary. Somehow it is comforting and rewarding. Just the motions make the routine special. There I go again, getting maudlin! Starting to feel like 60. Yuck!

Had a blast last night. While Puppy's Pop was off playing horseshoes in Coventry I decided to try my hand at the R/C Simulator. After many, many and beaucoup crashes I finally managed to take off and land twice, not on the runway, mind you, but I did land and the plane wasn't in smithereens. Cool beansies. I may have to do that again. "Beansies" reminds me that youngest is 34 years old today. Wow, time is flying by.

Quote: Mercy among the virtues is like the moon among the stars, -not so sparkling and vivid as many, but dispensing a calm radiance that hallows the whole. It is the bow that rests upon the bosom of the cloud when the storm is past. It is the light that hovers above the judgment-seat. ___E.H. Chapin

No comments: