Thursday, July 5, 2012

Pick up sticks . . .


Yep, Grampa needed some airplane parts, trailer parts and bird seed so we went to Sturbridge on our quest. I always roam around Hog Heaven while Grampa looks for whatever little odds and ends he needs to keep the fleet in tact. I found some real, honest to goodness wooden pick up sticks! I've seen the plastic ones and they are crapola. These are perfect. Can't wait to see how Kiddo reacts to getting beat! He and I went to play miniature golf last evening in Groton. We were on the 16th hole and his ball rolled out of play. He bent down to pick it up and was stung three times by wasps - twice behind the ear and once on his wrist. I couldn't believe my eyes. I couldn't react fast enough to stop the attack. He was brave as hell and insisted on finishing the last two holes before we went inside to get ice. They gave me two bottles of cold water! He was a hurting unit and did swell up some so before going to McD's we went back to Richoni's where Dad cleaned him up and Mom gave him some Benadryl. His only comment was, "I was brave, wasn't I, Mémé. Now I know what a bee sting feels like. It hurts like a big shot." Gotta love that kid. He was out shooting baskets with big brother until dark, welts, swelling and all.

Had a short but nice visit with Arizona nephew and his wife at the old Bonnin homestead. They were getting ready for their Fourth of July Party and I had to be off to Groton so I went early to say hello. They both look and sound great. It was good to see the two little kids and the rest of the family too. I don't see them often anymore. Everyone is so busy working, schooling and living. Only got to see a few fireworks when I drove home along 395N. Will get to see the New London show Saturday night, I hope. I still love fireworks.

Quote: Our country, however bounded or described - still our country, to be cherished in all our hearts - defended by all our hands. __R.C. Winthrop

No comments: