Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Hotter than Hades but . . .


Had a very pleasant drive to Preston so kid brother could help me get some grape leaves for my card playing cousin who makes the best stuffed grape leaves this side of heaven. Since her Mom and Dad are already up there visiting with their confrères I can't tell if Mon Oncle's are better. But he did one heck of a job teaching his daughter how to cook Lebanese food. On the winding, hilly back roads between here and there I had to stop to let a beautiful doe and her fawn cross the road. A little further on I had to stop to allow two pea hens cross the road into the most beautiful roadside flower garden yet. The best was driving up kid brother and his wife's driveway. The magnificent flower display would make Ma and Pa so proud. I didn't have my camera for any candid shots but believe you me, it was grand! See, I even sound like my Ma.

Kiddo went to the Science Museum in Hartford yesterday and was so impressed with the dinosaurs that growled and moved. We read some more from his dinosaur encyclopedia, not too much, mind you! Then it was a basketball practice session with music on the iPad. I sat and was a very good audience. Decided to sit and watch because I had fallen in the house trying to get back to my routine exercises yesterday afternoon when I tripped up on the carpet and went sprawling backwards into my old rocker. Ouch. But it seems that I scared myself more than hurt myself. Feeling damn good today but Grampa has given me a few words of advice and I shall heed them, at least for a few days. I'm hoping the clumsy fall has acted as a chiropractor and put my spine in order! Hope to see older brother and his wife at their cottage tomorrow. Looking forward to that visit. I shall even bring my bathing suit!
Quote: The art of pleasing consists in being pleased. To be amiable is to be satisfied with one's self and others. ___Hazlitt

No comments: