Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Evening with warm friends . . .

We hadn't been out with our old friends for sometime now. Last evening we made up for it. Chicken Milanese was fantastic, crispy on the outside, tender and in a lemon sauce that was perfect. At their home later in the evening we were able to feast on chocolates and Lemoncello. The best part was being able to hold a porcelain doll her Mom had made. The doll feels so much like a live baby I didn't want to put her down. Her Dad's doll house, a replica of their home is precious.  I really do feel good. Today I gave a second coat of paint to one of the bedroom windows. Looks good. Can't believe how old this old house is. Nothing will ever be perfect but I'm taking my time sprucing it a little by little. Have no idea how far I'll get but that isn't a concern. When I get stuck I just call for Puppy's Pop and he gets me out of the jam.

Quote:  Friendship hath the skill and observation of the best physician, the diligence and vigilance of the best nurse, and the tenderness and patience of the best mother.   ___Clarendon

No comments: