Sunday, September 16, 2012

Perfection . . .


The only perfection I see in this world is in Nature. This week she seems to have reached her apogee: nights in the 40's and days in the 70's, dry and clear. Can't ask for anything more. A few maples are just starting to turn red. The air smells bright and clean. All praise to the creator of this chaotic world and the law of intended consequences.Would that man had been crafted in the same manner.

Ate the best corn bread for snack last evening. Puppy's Pop and I spent time in the kitchen with a super young lady and her friend Rob. They stopped by to pick up a Nikon SLR that youngest asked us to give away. We immediately thought of Mary because she is a wonderful amateur photographer. She brought us her just made, warm cornbread. Believe you me it was close to perfection. He produces the Woonsocket Patch, an online newspaper of sorts and she works as a programmer at Meditech a private company in Massachusetts. They work hard but absolutely have a zest for life that is incomparable. Not sure how they fit all their interesting excursions into long commutes and busy work schedules but they do. It must have to do with being in your late thirties!

Kiddo told me he was going to take five of my pumpkins home with him but at the last moment decided he didn't wish to bring them to Groton. I know he's figuring that if they already have pumpkins his folks won't bring him to the big farm where they can have cider, choose big pumpkins, pick apples and take a horse and buggy ride. So I guess I'll be giving them away which is just fine with me. Not sure if they will survive until Halloween! I picked them early because the crazy bugs were all over them. I still don't use pesticides.

Quote: The sweetest type of heaven is home. __J. G. Holland

No comments: