Saturday, September 22, 2012

The gleaner . . .

Yes, 'tis I. Have no idea what possessed me today. Mayhap 'twas the autumnal equinox which dawned drab and dreary but turned out sunny, dry and delightful. After our drive to Groton and getting coffee and a very fresh cranberry nut muffin ( real live cranberries, mind you) at the Bakers' Dozen downtown and . . . completing a half hour of tiring exercises on the Wii I decided to clean the garden. By the end I was on my hands and knees because I couldn't bend anymore! But, I've got to admit the garden looks perfect. It's a good thing it's small this year. Now I've got to call my Master Gardener cousine and find out what we need to put in the soil to get rid of the beetle bugs that attack the cucumber vines when they are at their peek production and cause them to wilt no matter how much I water. Then Puppy's Pop will be able to spread some fertilizer too before tilling the soil and planting winter rye. I don't think I'll put any pumpkins in next year, instead I'll grow Indian Corn or ornamental gourds. Since I've downsized I'll have to be more particular about what I choose to grow. Can't believe I'm already planning for the Spring planting. Definitely a screw loose somewhere. I'm drinking tea too. I guess I'm going through a growth spurt.

Quote:  Haste is not always speed.  We must learn to work and wait.  This is like God, who perfects his works through beautiful gradations.  Moliere

1 comment:

natalie said...

we have a nice gourd crop,that grew by itself.....love the painting; who it the artist and what's it's title? please