Sunday, September 23, 2012

Yay . . .


Route 12 Roadside Diner has opened this week right, plumb smack in the middle of Central Village, railroad tracks on one side, laundromat on the other. Absolutely impressed with the breakfast we ate this morning:  homemade breads, red bliss potatoes, homemade biscuits and gravy. We'll have to try them out for supper because they make their own desserts:  grape nut pudding was one that I remember from the dessert board. The place is very clean and the waiter and waitress were all over the place keeping coffee cups filled. Looks to me as if they shall make a spectacular go of it.  Too bad Puppy's Pop and I only go out to breakfast twice a week!

Smells like a Fall Louisiana morning. Glorious day has begun. I think I'll settle down to reading, Mass, a bit of just plain homey stuff and see if I can get an ice cream from Puppy's Pop this afternoon.  Almost miss the Harley! Having a little trouble with the blog because Blogger has finally pushed me into their new format. Damnation.

Quote:  We should often have reason to be ashamed of our most brilliant actions if the world could see the motives from which they spring.   ___La Rochefoucauld

No comments: