Sunday, September 30, 2012

Sunday surprise . . .

Kiddo told me all about space suits.  He's read National Geographic's Angry Birds in Space!
B 29
I was trying to make the irascible computer do my bidding when I heard a very loud banging at the kitchen door. I scrambled to the door lest our company think we  didn't want to see them. Oneco friends were on the step with a plant which I had previously admired at their home. After breakfast in Jewett City with her Dad they had stopped at their favorite landscaping place and bought me an exotic sun parasol. I hope I can keep it well so we can put it out in the Spring. It is a climber and very beautiful. I'll have to learn how to cut it back but for now it will grace the bench in the living room.  Looking good. It was a short but pleasant visit. Her Dad came in and sat a while on my Vermont Rocker which he really enjoyed. He works with wood so he really appreciated the beauty and complex simplicity of our work of art. I've not met a person who did not like to rock in my special gift. I appreciate its beauty and comfort each day.

The visit to the New England Air Museum Friday went well. Kiddo and Grampa had a chance to fly on the latest simulators: amazingly realistic, weather and all. When we brought Kiddo home yesterday morning he spent the drive flying the iPad  simulator. He's getting pretty good. The weather has been awful for the last few days and today is not an improvement. Guess I'll walk in the house and catch up on my reading and cross stitch. Have given the piano away to younger brother's wife. Once they remove it I'll plan what I want to do in Kiddo's room! Neato!

Quote:  Amiable people, though often subject to imposition in their contact with the world, yet radiate so much of sunshine that they are reflected in all appreciative hearts.    ___Deulzy

1 comment:

Nan said...

years ago we went to Cape Kennedy in FL w/our kids,amazing.We saw the space shuttle et all.