Thursday, October 4, 2012

Pretty busy . . .

World War II Museum UK -  Was once a POW Camp
Been an interesting week. Went to Soft Surroundings near the Buckland Hills Mall in Manchester with youngest sister-in-law looking for jeans. I did try on their latest design and didn't like them so we roamed around a bit. She had already found a pair of New Balance sneakers which were perfect so we were off the LLBean. I was glad to find that the LL Bean wasn't one of their outlets where they sell the things that people send back to them! I found two tops that I liked and with sister-in-law's help the right size! Stopped at a neat new store, O'live a Little. Now that was fun. The store is jam packed  with stainless steal vats filled with various imported olive oils and vinegars. You can taste anything they have! I ended up buying  a pint of Wasabi Oil and a pint of Green Apple White Balsamic Vinegar. It's a fantastic combination for bread dipping. I've been dipping for lunch with Nan, the wonderful Indian bread we had in Leeds, UK a couple of years ago. Good lunch. Won a couple of games of Cribbage Tuesday before I headed off to Groton where Kiddo and I had an interesting time doing homework. I am glad to see the work that he's doing in Third Grade. He had some writing, spelling, reading and math. He's doing well and had to help me stumble through some of the directions! He was very pleased to show me how well he writes his name in cursive. He doesn't use cursive for everything yet but I hope he will before the end of the year. Managed to paint one coat on two more windows yesterday before our former sister-in-law stopped in for pizza! So it was a great day. As I write Puppy's Pop is putting some fertilizer in the garden before he tills it and plants the winter rye. Full steam ahead!

Quote:  Men show their character in nothing more clearly than by what they think laughable.  __Goethe

1 comment:

Nathalie said...

Had fun w/you on Monday,don't tempt me w/ dipping bread into that yummy oil and vinegar,too many points. :0)