Monday, October 22, 2012

They just had to have My Fitness Coach . . .

So . . . I had no excuse for not continuing my regular exercise program while here in Louisiana. A & M have a newer version, I think, than mine and the lady coach really worked me with some more strenuous exercises but it really is great. I always feel better when I finish a session. I'm sure I've gained a few pounds down here because I adore breakfast at the Waffle House. I could never eat like that at home  but our two treks a year to visit our southern family is perfect for excess of any kind! Their oldest daughter, middle child Sargent and her friend Carlos were here Saturday and A & M took us out to dinner at Sammy's. I had another best : Fried Green Tomato Poboy / spinach, remoulade, pepper jack and diced onions. It was so amazing. A and I shared it. The next time I'll get my own! It was that tasty. This was the first Poboy I've had in all the years we've been visiting, about 7, I reckon. I just thought it was like a grinder. It does have bread, meat and veggies. But the bread is smaller, light and a bit crispy. The filling was so fresh and clean tasting. It is not a heavy lunch. Just a perfect lunch or dinner or snack! Ended Saturday evening starting a 1000 piece puzzle. We started it about 7pm and M worked through a good part of the night. It was completed by 2pm Sunday. She is a puzzle junky! Not sure I even put in 50 pieces. The kids were a big help too. M also won the overall cribbage games, 4 - 3. In all 7 games the biggest hand was 20 points and it wasn't mine!  Puppy's Pop is out flying with Gil. He took a first and second place in the Aerobatics Contest at Liberty Park this week end and he was thrilled to win some good stuff in the raffle. We mailed home two model airplane kits plus other important odds and ends. One of the kits is somewhat larger than he usually flys but it is what most experts use. So I think Puppy's Pop will be moving on up!

No comments: