Saturday, October 27, 2012

Older is fantastic . . .

Take a look at how long Eleanor has been in business.  Angie and I bought wall paper for Ma and Pa's house from her when we were in highschool!
Pretty creepy, no?
I keep having such wonderful experiences. And it's true what Ma used to say, " Every age has its compensations." Eleanor Racette and I had a date for Monday, October 29 so I could pick up the wallpaper I had chosen a few weeks ago after she had graciously opened her wallpaper barn for me when she saw me peeking in the closed, locked door! She left me a phone message that with the weather closing in on us she would be open this afternoon, Saturday or if I wanted she would open up for me on Sunday. I decided to go today. As I finished paying cash for my 8 double rolls she said to hold on and she would carry the box out for me. I said, " No way!" and I hefted the box off of the counter. She followed me out to the car and asked how old I was. So I told her,"Seventy in December." She said, "I thought so." When I asked her her age she said, "90." Eleanor is old enough to be my mother! She still runs the business with her 63 year old son who is also an Art Collector. She is phenomenal: so handsome, neat, knowledgeable, kind, bright and has grand kids! She told me to just keep on living, I was doing just fine! Gotta love that lady.

Kiddo and I had a great evening yesterday. He was invited to a pumpkin carving party at the neighboring cousin's house. After playing some baseball with the kids he went in for the carving.  I wasn't going to go with him but he's a bit shy so I went along. What a good time we had. While the kids and Dad ate pizza A and I had a delicious ice cream pie. Way to go crazy! All of the pumpkins came out awesome.

Quote:  Age sits with decent grace upon his visage, and worthily becomes his silver locks, who wears the marks of many years well spent, of virture, truth well tried, and wise experience.   ___Rowe

No comments: