Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Strange but true . . .

What a shame.  We were looking at real estate North of Baton Rouge. Could have been a beautiful spot.
Puppy's Pop had a letter waiting for him on our return from LA. The Ford Dealership in Plainfield wants to buy his 1937  Ford. It's scary that they know we have a '37 Ford. They must have a way of getting Motor Vehicle records from the state or town. I was dismayed. Although if they offered us $75,000 I would consider it! But I know that Puppy's Pop would be aghast. Such is the life of the high and mighty!

Spent today getting in shape after our comfortable stay with southern family. Found out that my Wii Fitness Coach will kick my butt just like A's did when I was using his. I made myself another profile and skipped most of the set up so my profile may show me as closing in on 70 but it thinks I'm a pretty active old lady! That's all it took to pep up the work outs. So that's cool. Spoke to older brother and his wife today and found out that she had a same day surgery while we were gone. She ended up with a boo boo to the right of her nose right near her eye! Can't believe that the doctors don't tell patients that the oxygen mask can peel your skin so badly you need more medical attention after surgery from a dermatologist! She just finished taking prednisone to clear it up. Makes you wonder if this cavalier attitude towards patients is commonplace. Speaking of medical stuff: I will have an extra $30 a month to play with. The insurance we receive from the Teachers' Retirement Board is going down and the coverage is staying the same. Seems very odd. Have to wonder if somehow it has to do with the elections!

All of my plants that I had brought in from the porch before we left are just beautiful. I put them up stairs in Grampa's former workshop, near the window. The more I forget them the better off they are. The Christmas cactus should be in bloom before Thanksgiving! Not too sure what to do about my Live Oak. I have to research the problem.

Quote:  What millions died that Caesar might be great.   ___Campbell

No comments: