Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Poor old house . . .

UK World War II Museum
We lucked out with Hurricane Sandy. Only lost power for about 10 minutes this morning. Puppy's Pop found the pieces of my spinner, straightened it out and we're back in business. Kiddo and his family didn't lose power either so Richoni's ended up being the only bar open last night. Did a good business with everyone out looking at the damage! The beautiful Eastern Point Beach in Groton is a mess. The concession stand got super flooded as did the house where Kiddo celebrated his 8th birthday. The high tides, winds and rains truly devastated the coastal communities.

 Puppy's Pop spent the last two days working on his planes. I finished painting the second coat in the big bedroom and took down the old wall paper. Oh my. It's pretty bad when the wall paper was covering a lot of broken horsehair plaster! I knew the wall near the bathroom was in bad shape but not as bad as it is. Puppy's Pop just replastered quite a few good sized holes which I had vacuumed clean earlier. If I get a chance I shall wash the walls with a TSP solution tomorrow. Then we can let it dry out really well before we put up the new wall paper. It will certainly not be perfect but it will look nice and clean for a few more years. I still want to tackle the ceiling in the living room and then wall paper the walls. Not sure when I'll get the gumption for such a scary undertaking!

Quote:  The force, the mass of character, mind, heart or soul that a man can put into any work, is the most important factor in that work.  __A.P. Peabody

No comments: