Saturday, October 6, 2012

Narrative paragraph . . . Associative property . . . What the heck!

 
Our Kiddo is teaching me a lot of new stuff in math and writing. Last night I had to sit down and write a narrative. He explained I needed to put By Irène Rose, my full name, in cursive at the top of my lined paper. Then I needed to name my character, say where my character was, give the setting, write about the problem/conflict, describe the action, solve the problem and write a conclusion. Whoa!  As I was faithfully carrying out the assignment he would check over my shoulder to make sure I was on task. When I finished he took it from me sat across from me and explained I needed to use more detail. Then he let me go with this warning. " Now, remember that, Mémé." What a blast. (For kicks I wrote everything in cursive. He didn't skip a beat.) He called us Friday morning before he went to school to tell us that he had been writing  a story in his special pad just for the fun of it! More cool beansies!  Thursday I had to learn the commutative and associative properties of addition. Pretty neat stuff going on in the third grade classroom. It's a good thing he's been paying attention in class!

Got a hair cut today and while Puppy's Pop was at a Fun Fly in Wrentham, MA I finished the second coat of paint on the other two bedroom windows. Tomorrow I'll start painting the trim. There's a lot. Puppy's Pop figured out the square footage so I can start looking at wall paper. It's a pretty big job! But I'm going very slowly.  Petit à petit l'oiseau fait son nid. I'm glad Grampa doesn't mind coming to the rescue!

Quote:  Void of freedom, what would virtue be?   ___Lamartine

No comments: