Thursday, November 21, 2013

A stent within a stent . . .

Surprisingly the Winter Rye has germinated in these 30 degree temperatures. We finally got some rain Monday and so we have grass! Wonder if the deer will like it?
Good gravy! Crazy world out there. So, Monday Puppies and Dante's Pop drove through big wind and rain to get me to Yale New Haven for 7:30am. By 10:30am I was flat on my back in a hospital room getting better! The doctors added a Medtronic Stent inside of an Xience Stent. Must admit that this is the first day I feel pretty good. One reason this may be so is that I'm finally back to taking my regular set of pills at the right times. At the hospital it seemed rather willy-nilly  so the most important pills I take we're given to me early in the morning Tuesday before I was discharged and I usually take them at 5pm. That meant that I couldn't take them again until Wednesday at 5pm. I don't think my body liked that! But I'm back on schedule and feeling pretty damn good.

We took a ride to Mount Saint Mary's Abbey yesterday and picked up the Christmas Penuche. It really is a pretty ride. I also let the sweetheart Sister talk me into buying a Rum Fruit Cake made by the monks! Now I have to eat it all by myself because Grampa doesn't eat nuts and stuff! So a slice a day after supper will be my routine for 16 days (sixteen servings according to the packaging.) We've decided to order the Thanksgiving desserts from  Roadside Diner and we'll just have to cook the turkey in the oven  and bread in the bread machine next Thursday. Wednesday we'll make the vegetables ahead of time.

Spoke with our youngest yesterday and it seems that she has won a contest and will get a check for £2000. That is so cool. She has Gram Rose's luck. She reminded Dante's Pop that he used to put her name on raffle tickets when he wanted to win something. Cool beansies.

Time to read the paper before my ride gets home.

Quote:  Health is the greatest of all possessions; a pale cobbler is better than a sick king.   ___Bickerstaff

No comments: