Saturday, November 30, 2013

Making me laugh . . .

Pretty leaves of African Violet given to me by N.
Have been in a foul mood lately but this morning I made some changes to the décor in the kitchen and it just keeps me smiling. I hated to move the ceramic clock that Pam R. made for us years ago because I knew that Puppies and Dante's Pop would get bent out of shape when he went to check the time and the clock was now above the microwave where it used to be umpteen years ago. But I needed to move stuff around because of an oil painting that I had rescued from Gram's. I had it framed and then I had so much trouble finding a place for it. Well the painting is now on the wall above the marble top and  the clock didn't look right next to it. That was the dilemma. So today I spent a lot of time smiling as I was cooking and checking the clock for the time and was constantly looking in the wrong place. I'm probably never going to get in the habit of looking for the clock between the windows!

Puppies and Dante's Pop had to go see the dentist this morning and on his way home he picked up a dozen pink roses and a dozen red roses. They are opening up beautifully. The pinks are on the dining room table and the reds on Grampa Rose's old desk. They're making me smile too. I hope I get over being my miserable self after I see Dr. Foley Monday. Somehow or other I'm miffed about all these 'take it easies' and yet I feel that I shouldn't push too hard until I complete the cardiac rehab once again because I really don't know how I'm supposed to react to this little procedure. I feel certain that I'm fine but there's a little something that's stuck in my brain that isn't comfortable with the new status quo. Oh well, I suppose I'll just out grow that foolishness!

Moosup nephew stopped in yesterday with his two kiddos. He wanted to borrow some tables and chairs. It was really good to see them and have a chance to watch the kids use the RC Flight Simulator. When he returned the tables and chairs today I was able to give him his Christmas Penuche! Can't believe I did that so early! See, I told you I'm out of sorts!

Quote:  "Knowledge, without common sense," says Lee, "is folly; without method, it is waste; without kindness, it is fanaticism; without religion, it is death."  But with common sense, it is wisdom; with method, it is power; with charity, it is beneficence; with religion, it is virtue and life and peace.   ____Farrar.

No comments: