Sunday, November 24, 2013

Not funny Magee . . .

Kiddo's 4D puzzle
Gee, decided to go to an earlier Mass this morning because we plan to go see Ender's Game at the Lisbon Digiplex after noon. I got to the church for 9am and there were no cars so I came home and returned for 9:30. Went in the side door because I didn't want to climb the front stairs. Naturellement when I tried to enter the Mass was already in progress, it started at 9:15, and the doors got stuck. I made so much noise trying to open the door that Father looked as if he was going to stop his sermon to the children and open it for me! Hell's Bells - way to announce that you're late! Putting that aside I was reading the big words on the big screen that is used for the Children's Mass and this is what I read as we prepared for Communion, "Only say the word and I shell be healed." Good gravy, I almost choked. I'm hoping that they have explained to the children at some point that this is an egregious error. Yikes!

The Hyundai had a "something is wrong" light on when I returned from my first church trip and I actually figured out what was wrong correctly! Ta da! The tire pressure was low so Puppies and Dante's Pop fixed it for me out in the 22 degree temperature with bright sun and big cold wind. The house seems to like the new heating system; even the basement is staying warmer than usual with the "radiators" on the return pipes up near the ceiling. That is such a good thing. We should have our former across the street neighbor drop in tomorrow to see about cleaning up the electrical concerns in the basement now that we've moved stuff around. That'll be a good thing. I'm also trying to fix this old iPad on my own. Something is causing it to be squirrely so I'm making sure it's backed up before I clean it out and start over. At this point I'm not sure if I am correct but eventually it'll anger me so much that I'll try anything! I realize that almost 4 years have gone by since we bought it and the technology has changed a lot but we'll see how well I can manage this!

Quote:  The best portraits are those in which there is a slight mixture of caricature.  __Macaulay

No comments: