Friday, November 1, 2013

Good thing . . . bad thing . . . Good I guess . . .

Visited younger sister and she had this wonderful photo of Memere and Pepere Caron with Mon oncle Joe circa 1917 in front of the downstairs door to our old home.
Wow, didn't realize when I went upstairs to find my winter hats and mittens that I would end up in the old trunk. It is full of the warm, wool blankets from Peru but for some ungodly reason I decided to pull everything out and check out what was as the bottom. There were two tins that I must have put there years ago. I found letters that MaTante had written to us when we were at Bustin's Island those many years ago. They took my breath away. I also found letters I had written to Puppies and Dante's Pop when he was in Texas training to be a load master in the Air Force. I still haven't gotten my composure back and I have to go to Sacred Heart lunch duty today. Can I have lived so long that my memories are crystal clear and remind me that we have had the best people in our lives? Even if our lives ended today we've seen so many good, kind, strong loving people that our lives would be complete. When our kids have time to think back to their younger days they will be able to smile with wonderment that they knew and were greatly loved by such personable good people.

Went to see The Most Happy Fella Wednesday with three wonderful women. What a treat to be with them. I did not know the play at all and I really like that because it leaves me free to decide what I think without resorting to what others may have written or said. The singing was top notch. I got the feeling that we were actually seeing an opera. I didn't realize that it really had been written pretty much as an opera to be produced with a full orchestra but that the writer was forced to change his ideas and introduce more dialogue. Goodspeed's production was excellent.

Quote:  Without hearts there is no home.   ___Byron

No comments: