Monday, November 4, 2013

Not my most brilliant idea but what the heck . . .

The house in Salmon Falls, NH (now Rollinsford, NH) where The Carons lived before moving to Moosup.  Pa was the only one of 14 children born in the USA.
Puppies Pop and I went to the Sunshine Shop on Maple Street in Danielson to have a painting I saved from the wrecking ball framed properly then we went up 169 for lunch at Java Jive. That place still makes the best Rubens and Egg Salad sandwiches and it's a very pretty ride if your driver doesn't try to take out every kid in khakis crossing the route to get to his fancy pants classes! After we returned I decided that since the sun was so bright, the sky was so blue I really needed to walk outside. Wow, do you have any idea how cold 42 degrees is when the wind is a blowin'? I shall tell you: it is damnably cold especially when you have to carry a steel pipe to protect yourself from the German Shepherds and you're trying to walk as fast as possible to get by the raucous, scary so's and so's. I almost turned back because my lungs didn't seem to like breathing that cold air but I slowed my pace and voilà I made the trip just fine. The dogs only barked at me on the way up from the other side of the street, on the return trip they were inside so I didn't have to cross the road in front of their house. Phew. I worry too much.

Quote:  Clocks will go as they are set; but man, irregular man, is never constant, never certain.   ____Otway

No comments: