Sunday, December 15, 2013

Don't like to miss Mass but . . .

Son and Grampa chose a nice tree!
 Christmas cards add to the cheer!

Not putting up too much this year. Trying for simple.

I'll not go to Mass this morning because for some literally ungodly reason I don't want to take a chance on the roads or the steps or the sidewalks. Starting to feel a little vulnerable to age and it's ticking me off! No one should start to feel as if they're 63 years old when they're in their 40's! Hell's bells. What the devil is the demon up to now? Making me feel guilty, that's what he's up to. Shitski, I say, just plain old "merde." That's about the size of it. ( I'm blaming my less than stellar vocabulary on having played many losing hands of cards in the past week or so.)

The tree is up and trimmed; Kiddo was returned home two hours early yesterday; his school pageant was a great success; we'll probably miss his second basketball game; may be able to get to his rescheduled band concert Wednesday evening. Phew. At least we do have the time to do all these things!  Both P&D's Pop and I have doctor's appointments tomorrow. Hoping to see younger sister Wednesday if all goes well weather wise. The Hyundai goes in for it's 52000 mile check up Thursday. Expect to put in for the gas rebate again this year. It all ends up back in Hyundai's ledgers anyway! Might as well claim it. Did get a call from Cardiac Rehab and will start on the 30th; three days a week for 12 weeks. I'd forgotten it was that long. Oh well, I'm sure it will make me more confident and less susceptible to complaining! I hate complainers so I must not turn into one of those people one hates to hang out with. We'll be joining our Oneco friends for dinner tomorrow night. Looking forward to stepping out on the town, even if it's Voluntown!

Quote:  Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, to all the souls you can, in every place you can, at all the times you can, with all the zeal you can, as long as ever you can.   ___J. Wesley

No comments: