Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Looking good . . .

Things are looking good on this last day of 2013. It's below freezing, the sun is bright in the eastern sky, we've had a good breakfast at the Diner, P&D's Pop will be going off to lunch with two teachers from PHS along with another volunteer, and I'll keep the home fires burning. I like that phrase. It makes me feel warm and happy with our home and the family we have scattered around this small world. Looking forward to picking up Kiddo late this afternoon. I'm sure he'll have some new games for us to marvel at. It concerns me that he's getting old enough that his folks don't need us to help out too much. But that is what life is, changes, accommodations, letting go, moving on and as Ma used to say,"Every age has its compensations." So life will continue to roll on and we're along for the interesting though at times scary ride. Had a pleasant seventy first birthday. Nothing over the top; nice phone serenades, talking with the people I love, feeling like I am needed and thought of; good, warm sensations.

Went to cardiac rehab yesterday and it went very well. I surprised myself with the energy I have this time around. It makes me realize that whatever caused the stent to act up it has been the source of my feeling 39 and holding. So it was just a blip on the screen of my unfolding life. I can handle that.

Time to go pay the last bills of the year and get to works on my itty bitty puzzle.

Quote:True humility is not an abject, groveling, self-despising spirit; it is but a right estimate of ourselves as God sees us.   ___Tryon Edwards

No comments: