Friday, December 13, 2013

Tree is up . . . only lights . . .

Beautiful Peach Cactus
Big Kiddo and P&D's Pop chopped down the blue spruce Monday at Allen Hill and I thought it might be a good idea to have Big Kiddo help put it up before they left for their southern home. Groton Kiddo let me know that I was to only put up the lights and . . . bring the boxes of ornaments down so he could decorate for us when he comes today. His Christmas pageant is tonight, he's Joseph, I think, and I doubt we'll have time to decorate tonight.  May have to wait until Saturday morning and hope the snow holds off until we finish and can get him back home for the neighborhood sledding fest in his back yard! They have the only house on the street with a hill and the kids have been having a blast. That is the best way to spend cold winter days; outside, bundled up, freezing with friends!  Hoping to get to see his second basketball game of the year Sunday but the weather isn't very promising.  He did get 3 points in the first Groton Rec game. Yay! Sacred Heart must still reschedule the band concert which was snowed out Tuesday. At least today is bright and sunny albeit very cold. It'll be interesting to see what our natural gas bill will be this month.

Had a chance to stop in and deliver Christmas Penuche to older brother and his wife yesterday. Pleasant lunch and conversation before the holidays hit. Grampa is eating up all of the great cookies sister-in-law made and sent home with me. Have to see if I can save some for me and the Kiddo! She has included little candies, Mini Coffee Kopiku from India.  Des bonbons fantastiques! Earlier this year she had given me a rather large Christmas Cactus that had belonged to a friend. It is glorious. I will make sure she get some slips so she can start her own peach cactus! I'm fortunate that plants like to summer on the porch and prepare to blossom with very little help from me.

After this last week of son and wife's visit this old house is a bit too quiet. C'est la vie, n'est-ce pas?

Quote:  Music can noble hints impart, engender fury, kindle love, with unsuspected eloquence can move and manage all the man with secret art.   ___Addison

No comments: