Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Impressive . . .


What a great way to start this day -  breakfast at the Depot Diner in Central Village and then coming home and deciding to try my exercises on the living floor for the first time since early June and succeeding in grand fashion. It feels so good to be getting back into some sort of routine. I am such a creature of habit. I think I'll be all set to face the world and live this life to the fullest. I will still have the rehab but hopefully that'll just be annoying because it will take three days a week for twelve weeks but I'll do it and smile all the while if it gets me back to sixty-two.

Going to see my younger sister in East Granby today, another first step. Haven't seen her since early June. I'm going a bit later than usual and we'll only go to lunch;  no shopping or Granval Farm in Massachusetts. I'll also leave earlier than usual just to break myself in. Have a hair cut this late afternoon too. Will probably skip the walking today as I usually do when I go to East Granby. I try to keep my walking to five days a week and the exercises  a daily battle. Did some weeding near the garage yesterday so I've got sore shoulders but that's fine with me. Starting to get the hang of getting better each day. May see my old friend Sue from KHS Friday if all works out well. She has a busy summer and may teach one more year as she did last year even though she retired three years ago! Pretty neat to be able to get your pension and a full paycheck too. The state allows teachers to do that for two years if a school system can't find a full time teacher to replace you. Pretty good money to be made at taxpayer expense- can't really blame the people who get a chance to take advantage of the state's largess.

Quote:  Education is a debt due from the present to future generations.   ____George Peabody

No comments: