Sunday, July 23, 2017

Fruit Delight . . .

Wanted something sweet for after dinner and had no idea what.  We don't keep sweets in the house but I was determined to have something sweet. Yesterday I also went through a sweet kick and ended up looking in the cupboard where I found raisins, bittersweet chocolate chips and pecans; put together these made a tasty snack but I didn't want that today. I remembered an easy dessert Wendel Davis, a friend and teacher at KHS back in the good old days,  made using a can of fruit cocktail. Sure enough I dug it out and we had ourselves a marvelous warm super sweet delicious dessert covered with whipped cream; didn't even have to go to the store. A la recherche du temps perdu is always fun. I had to smile when I remembered the special days at KHS where teachers and local businesses gave demonstrations of different types of jobs. Mr. Davis loved to cook and I, not loving to cook, ended up helping out in the motorcycle demonstration with D&S Cycles from Willimantic. Those were the days, my friend. Oh shitski, I'm getting nostalgic.

No comments: