Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Passed with flying colors . . .


Yesireebob, I did it again - went to Woman's for the last of the yearly checkups , this one with the gynecologist and he says all is well. Wow, I'm passing all the tests! Since P&D's Pop also went to the VA in Baton Rouge for his yearly checkup and was told to exercise more but that all is also well we went out to The Longhorn for dinner. I swear they have the best Margarita and 6oz Filet Mignon so that's what I had and P&D's Pop had a Burger and a couple of beers. That should last us for a while. I think we're just about out of Doctors' appointments!

It's been much too hot and muggy but we went to South Park this morning and I managed to almost make two laps but Grampa got a bit disgusted landing his planes in the rather longish grass so he picked me up before I completed my regular walk. That was probably a good thing because I was already pretty pooped - I hadn't even made it back to get my camera for my third lap! We were really bad because we stopped at Delicious Donuts on the way back home. They really are the best.

 Not much else going on. Finished my summertime puzzle last night and have already taken it apart and ordered a Springbok Puzzle from Hall Mark for when I decide I need to make another one. I saw some that reminded me of the summers we spent with Ma Tante Rose on the sun porch in Moosup making the hardest 1000 piece puzzles I could find for her July birthday presents. I particularly remember The Marbles. That was miserable but Ma Tante always managed to complete them and it was pleasant to go out with her and the kids and help out. I'm lucky if Grampa puts in 10 pieces! Not complaining, though, because he generally helps when I get ticked off because I can't find the pieces I want and then after he puts in a few I'm all over my pique.

Quote:   A man who gives his children habits of industry provides for them better than by giving them a fortune. _Whately

No comments: