Sunday, July 16, 2017

I am so clever I scare myself . . .

The Crape Myrtles are not very healthy this year.
Since our Connecticut Kiddo will be coming for a visit with his folks and then staying with us for a few days when they leave to go back North I decided I should find a comfortable place for us to play basketball, swim etc in this very hot humid Louisiana Summer. I've decided to take out a membership at a fantastic facility here in DS with an Olympic Pool, first class exercise machines, air-conditioned basketball court and an outdoor walking pool so I've got to talk myself into going to the pool.  I'm not really a good pool person but I do have a bathing suit that actually fits me! The problem is that I only have one prosthesis and it's not a good idea to swim with it in chlorinated water (up North I had an extra prosthesis but I gave it away as I didn't think I'd ever need it again.) Well I've found out that if I use bubble wrap (P&D's Pop's suggestion) I can make a pretty good substitute boob. Now I'll have to see how it all works when I get up the courage to go swimming.  I'm planning to go to North Park Monday to buy a three month membership but one of the ladies told me it takes a few days for them to activate it. Hope I don't lose my nerve!

Spoke with our nephew who lives on Cebu in the Philippines; he's vising his family in Massachusetts. We have an open invitation to visit him on the island.  I'm certain it would be a great visit but I can't picture us ever flying that far.  We struggled with long flight times flying to England! Getting older and more difficult in our dotage!

 Had the best Fireworks display in the entire world yesterday at a three kid birthday party put on by our Big Kiddo and his wife. Wow, I love fireworks and when they go off right smack dab in front of you it's the cat's meow. Time to finish reading today's paper before Grampa grills us some Brats and we watch the NASCAR racing in New Hampshire!

Quote:  The contemplation of night should lead to elevating rather than to depressing ideas.  Who can fix his mind on transitory and earthly things, in presence of those glittering myriads of worlds; and who can dread death or solitude in the midst of this brilliant, animated universe, composed of countless suns and worlds, all full of light and life and motion?  ___Richter

No comments: