Friday, July 21, 2017

Maybe some day . . .

Little Blue Heron eating a Mud Bug
A lovely new young friend invited us to her home for this evening but it didn't pan out; I expect it will one of these days. She and her husband and two year old live in DS and what she'd like us to see is the sunset on the lake from her back porch and she thought P&D's Pop could fly in the field near their home. That was really thoughtful but I had to explain that P&D's Pop flies control line not radio controlled models. I'll have to give them a holler when we go to South Park in the Fall and the weather is a bit cooler than now.  I must admit that the heat and humidity have been oppressive and onerous lately but it still works out okay because I end up walking in the air conditioned house! 

Had a neat day at the Early Leaning Center yesterday when I ended up being assigned to a class with one teacher and 8 two year olds. Oh my, two years old isn't very old! After lunch I ended up sitting on the floor next to seven of the little tykes and helping them fall asleep by rubbing their backs - come to think of it maybe that's why my back is bothering me a bit today - it was easier to crawl over to each one than to get up and walk over to them - very small classroom! But it was so much fun as they seemed to enjoy holding my hand and walking with me in the shade out in the playground - I had to keep them from stealing my hands from which ever child had gotten hold of me.  It was a bit odd but kids are funny like that; I guess possessive is the word. Today I was back with the three and four year olds; they are pretty sophisticated in comparison. The only caveat I gave the director of the Center is that I don't change diapers and that worked out fine because most of the kids are potty trained. Besides the teacher said she always takes care of business so for that reason I have agreed to help out with the 2's whenever necessary. 

Not sure what's gotten into me today but I have hunger pangs!  I've already devoured a few handfuls of raisins, pecans and bitter sweet dark chocolate bits. Since I don't keep candy in the house I had to make do with what I could find in the pantry! Now I feel like Moosup popcorn. Hells' bells!

Quote:  Tact comes as much from goodness of heart as from fineness of taste.  __Endymion

No comments: