Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Are we so inept ? ? ?

War's destruction.
Good gravy. I've just spent what seems like hours on line trying to get a good rate from Dominion our electricity supplier. Got a letter from them saying our locked in rate was no longer valid so I tried to find them through CL&P on line but that was a farce. Was sent to an energy solutions page for Connecticut which didn't have Dominion listed. Gave up and dug out an old bill to get the phone number for Dominion which is really Levco. Waited while a robot tried to find a real person to answer the phone. Real person told me he agreed that it is a pain in the derrière to have to constantly be checking for new rates. He explained how to lock into a rate with Dominion for almost a year. Also explained that I must reapply a month before the locked in rate is up if I still want to get the best or a better rate. Honest, this is preposterous. It must be some kind of federal regulation to make work for idiots.

Then I had a call from Caremark our mail order prescription center. I was out when they called yesterday and this morning I went on line to make sure the right pills were on their way. But lo and behold a real person called again today. Okay. One prescription was okay to order by the end of 2012 but the other prescription had to be ordered in 2013 which means I am back to the huge co-pays. I knew that was the problem but I'm at the point where as long as the pills get here I don't give a flying fig how they manage it. I did tell the lady on the phone that their online ordering system never gets it right. It informs me what I can order at a given time. I order it. I get an email saying it's too early but they will fill it when the time is correct. Then it is filled immediately and gets to me sooner then they are required to send it. She said she couldn't do anything about on line things except give me a number to call. I told her no thanks. Even if their IT department is run by morons they manage to get the prescriptions to me earlier rather than later although they tell me I'm wrong every time I place an order.

Okay. That's it for today. Started out in a good mood with sticky bun French toast and coffee. Now I'll try to exercise away my frustrations. I despise ignorance, stupidity and the inept.

Quote:  Ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without moon or stars.   __Confucius

No comments: